Regenerating your urban farm
- What is composting? What should go into the compost bin?
- What are the various composting techniques for apartments and landed properties?
- How can I start compost with kitchen scraps?
- How can I amend the compost to ensure it does not smell?
- How can I make my compost break down faster?
In this session you will learn
Embark on a journey with Co-create on Stevens with this fun and interactive “Eat Your Garden workshops” complete with hands-on practice.
- Composting with kitchen wastes
- How to compost at home
- How to create a DIY compost bin from discarded materials
- Importance of composting and how it relates to soil fertility
- Confidence to put wastes to good use by composting them in your compost bin
- A compost bin starter kit
- Easy-to-follow handouts for each topic
About your teacher
Debbie is a permaculture consultant and designer (Permaculture Research Institute of Australia), designing regenerative and self-sustaining edible gardens, nature playgrounds and therapy gardens based on permaculture principles, and teaches those who are keen in working with nature to grow their own food, play in nature and heal with nature. Apart from growing good food at home for her family, she is focused in doing work that matters for people who care about changing the way we grow and consume our food in urban cities, that is healthy, supportive and beneficial to communities and the ecology.
If you have any questions about this event please contact us